User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Long-time reader, never-time poster? Start here!, Page 15

Page:1...141516...19
BochimJanuary 10th, 2016, 12:11 am
Western NC

Hello. Live in Helena. MT
"We all are eternal spirits; and at the end of what we now see and experience, eternity begins, which is reality." SDS
LastchanceJanuary 10th, 2016, 9:11 am
Portage, PA

Welcome! Very helpful and intelligent people here.
WbranchJanuary 10th, 2016, 9:12 pm
York & Starlight PA

Hello Bochim,

Great place to live with awesome fishing on the Missouri. I visit the 'Moe every year for two weeks.

Welcome to this great web site. Lots of helpful guys on the Forums.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
MartinlfJanuary 28th, 2016, 6:10 pm
Palmyra PA

Welcome, Bochim. Glad to have you with us.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
BigbadflyFebruary 22nd, 2016, 11:40 am
Russell Ma

BigbadflyFebruary 22nd, 2016, 1:02 pm
Russell Ma

Hello to all, just a few notes new here. I'm a retired Master Sergeant with 35 yrs of service in the AF/ANG. Been fishing all my life from the smallest brook trout to the oceans, all type spin fishing to fly fishing for forty pound Striped Bass in the ocean love it all!!! I worked on aircraft weapons systems as a QA inspector. I fly fish whenever I can mostly the Westfield river in Mass biggest fish was 24in. Tiger trout on a 3wt St Croix. Well rounded in all aspects of fishing/hunting, will help with questions if needed.
Jim
been to Chena hot springs loved it
MartinlfFebruary 22nd, 2016, 9:15 pm
Palmyra PA

Welcome, Jim. It's good to have you with us.
"He spread them a yard and a half. 'And every one that got away is this big.'"

--Fred Chappell
WetroutinMay 9th, 2016, 12:14 am
Chicago

Hello! New to the forum! From Chicago and cannot wait to meet some of you
http://thetroutfishing.com/
WbranchMay 13th, 2016, 8:02 pm
York & Starlight PA

Wetroutin,

Hello! New to the forum! From Chicago and cannot wait to meet some of you

Do you mean "meet" in the literal sense, or "meet" through posts and PM's, or do you mean "meet" through the link you so deftly provided to another fly fishing web site?
ChiquisJuly 11th, 2016, 1:26 pm
San Diego

Hi! Im new here and Im glad to be part of this group.

I hope to learn from all of you, the experts and share my experiences as well.
Thank you so much!

Best regards :D
ColoradoKenJuly 14th, 2016, 11:39 pm
Granby, Colorado

Hello from the Colorado Rockies. My name is Ken and I love to fish with the fly rod. I fish all year and do all kinds of stuff. When the river is high and I nymph with a bunch of weight and the junk flies. When it's January I fish tailwaters. Sometimes I ice fish with lures or bait and a 2ft spinning rod, lol. Winters are long! I love freestones. The Fraser river is a fucking gem. I spend a lot of my time on the Fraser and Colorado rivers. I mostly like wade fishing, although if it's streamer fishing put me in the drift boat or raft. Dry fly fishing is fucking sweet. I don't nymph in the middle of a hatch. This time of year where I live it's pretty sweet. I run a double dry fly rig all day. I tie flies. Not too many patterns. Mainly I crank out midges and baetis stuff in the winter for the spring.

I'm here because I want to take the entomology to the next level. I wanna know the Latin names, and be able to identify an obscure mayfly on the river.

I found interesting stuff here and decided to become a member. Thanks to whoever does this forum.
Tight Lines,
Ken
TaxonJuly 15th, 2016, 5:00 am
Site Editor
Royse City, TX

Nice intro, welcome aboard Ken.
Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com
Kschaefer3July 15th, 2016, 12:09 pm
St. Paul, MN

Nice intro, welcome aboard Ken.

X2

I spent a few days in Granby several years back. Unfortunately no fishing for me when I was there. What a beautiful area though!! I'd love to get back and fish sometime.
ColoradoKenJuly 15th, 2016, 6:57 pm
Granby, Colorado

Thanks guys. Yeah I really like living here. Grand county has more water than anywhere else in Colorado.
Tight Lines,
Ken
NCNympherNovember 30th, 2016, 3:55 pm
Charlotte, NC

Hello everyone, my name is Mitch and I'm from the great state of North Carolina. I am a junior in high school and I have been fly fishing and fly tying for about 4 years now and become very serious about it and quite obsessed to be honest haha. It seems like there is a lot of knowledgable people on this forum and I can't wait to find out what I don't know!
They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again... as many times as I cast hoping for a fish to take my fly, I ought to be in an asylum by now!
TaxonNovember 30th, 2016, 7:33 pm
Site Editor
Royse City, TX

Hi Mitch-

Welcome aboard. Nice intro and gorgeous fish.
Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com
LauranhJanuary 8th, 2017, 12:36 pm
NY

Property for sale on the famous west branch of the Delaware river, right by Al Caucci and Delaware River Club https://www.coldwellbanker.com/property/W-Branch-Ct-Starlight-PA-18461-MLS-16-3584
Laura
WbranchJanuary 8th, 2017, 1:59 pm
York & Starlight PA

Looks like that property is in the middle of nowhere. It is accessed from what looks like a gravel road off of a paved road. It is behind Caucci's DRC and there is no river access.
WbranchJanuary 8th, 2017, 2:07 pm
York & Starlight PA

Hello Mitch,

Welcome to Troutnut! Yep, there are lots of very helpful guys on this forum who won't steer you wrong regarding fly fishing. Feel free to ask away or PM me.
JohneJanuary 14th, 2017, 6:09 pm
Warwick NY

Hello All,

I fit this category well as a long time lurker never posting. I have to say very long at that! I stumbled on this site while researching a hatch and then returned time and time again.

My name is John, I live in Warwick NY and fish all of the Catskill rivers. Been at it since the 70s when I lived in NJ. I learned to nymph out of necessity fishing the Musky and Flat Brook in my 20s. Mixed in I would venture to the Catskills. I moved to Orange County NY in 1986 and began fishing the Neversink, Beaverkill and Willow much more often.
Fast forward:
Now I enjoy stalking tough fish on or near the surface with dries/damp flies (who doesn't!). I try to avoid crowds fishing week days and morning-afternoon depending on the season. Still nymph pocket water and riffles and love to fish streamers;especially early mornings!
Closer to home, I fish Orange Co.lakes out of my kayak or pack canoe for bass on the fly.

I look forward to interaction ahead.

Thanks to Jason for such a resource and to all who share and maintain things here!

John
Retired Postmaster, Dad, Coach, Flyfisherman
Page:1...141516...19

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.