Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Upper Peninsula Chinook (King) Salmon Highlights 2012 Video HD

Pryal74October 13th, 2012, 8:33 pm
Escanaba, MI

This is a fly fishing highlight video of Chinook Salmon in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan Great Lakes filmed by myself. I am especially proud of this one. I hope you all enjoy it.

-James Pryal
Into The Wild Fly Fishing
OldredbarnOctober 14th, 2012, 12:22 am
Novi, MI

Jim,

Nice vid! Things just getting started in the Lower last week. I heard the water was so low some fish couldn't clear the sand bar at the mouth of some rivers. A little water lately has helped

Spence
"Even when my best efforts fail it's a satisfying challenge, and that, after all, is the essence of fly fishing." -Chauncy Lively

"Envy not the man who lives beside the river, but the man the river flows through." Joseph T Heywood
AdirmanOctober 14th, 2012, 7:04 am
Monticello, NY

SMOKIN vid Pryal! As always!!
Jmd123October 14th, 2012, 7:24 pm
Oscoda, MI

GEEEEEZ, James! Once again, well done and beautiful fish. And you let them all go! There's a hard-core catch-n-release man if ever I saw one. How is their spawning/recruitment success up there? Down here on the Au Sable it gets too warm during the summer for salmonids. There are a few small springs that come into the lower river and I have in fact seen a few parr (could also be steelhead) early in my snorkeling season, but the river is dominated by warm-water fish. And, as Spence says, I don't think the real full run has come in here yet what with the low and warm waters. Trout season ended for me on a rather medicore note because of this too, just a bunch of little guys in the last week and my last fish for the year from [REDACTED] Pond was a 12" yellow perch! (Took a #10 KBF streamer.)

Guess I'm gonna have to think about trying for steelhead again this year, maybe even salmon if some fresh fish come in...I'll use your videos as inspiration!

Jonathon
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
DUBBNOctober 14th, 2012, 8:11 pm
Colorado

Very cool video. Thanks for sharing!
It's OK to disagree with me. I can not force you to be right.
Pryal74October 15th, 2012, 2:04 pm
Escanaba, MI

@ Spence, I did get to fish some rivers near Traverse City and they were starting to get very good there. Here they are coming in thick on our major river. Probably in the middle of the run now. I will be watching smaller rivers now that we have 2 days straight of rain. I am eagerly awaiting Steelhead and Browns too.

@ Adriman, thanks!

@ Jonathon, they should be hitting all major rivers downstate by now. The temps are low enough I would imagine. Yes, I release everything I catch. You should hit some famous Steelhead streams during season. I know people on here would be more than happy to help you get things rolling. I had the best year ever in 2012 for Steelhead and I can't wait to keep it going very soon.
-James Pryal
Into The Wild Fly Fishing
OrnOctober 18th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Awesome looking fish and a beautiful river! The average size is amazing! Well done.

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.