Troutnut.com Fly Fishing for Trout Home
User Password
or register.
Scientific name search:

> > Site updates from June 1, 2007

Updates from June 1, 2007

Photos by Troutnut from the West Branch of the Delaware River in New York

This fish almost got me into the coveted "20/20 club."  It's a 20 inch brown caught on sulphur-flavored Galloup's Cripple tied on a size 18 3X-fine dry fly hook.  It's also my biggest fish to date from the Catskills. From the West Branch of the Delaware River in New York.
This fish almost got me into the coveted "20/20 club." It's a 20 inch brown caught on sulphur-flavored Galloup's Cripple tied on a size 18 3X-fine dry fly hook. It's also my biggest fish to date from the Catskills.
Date TakenJun 1, 2007
Date AddedJun 5, 2007
AuthorTroutnut
CameraPENTAX Optio WPi
 From the West Branch of the Delaware River in New York.
Date TakenJun 1, 2007
Date AddedJun 5, 2007
AuthorTroutnut
CameraPENTAX Optio WPi

On-stream insect photos by Troutnut from the West Branch of the Delaware River in New York

I didn't manage to collect a nymph, but here's the hollow shuck left over from an emerged dun, showing the basic pattern of the nymph. From the West Branch of the Delaware River in New York.
I didn't manage to collect a nymph, but here's the hollow shuck (
Here's an underwater view of the pupal shucks of several already-emerged Brachycentrus numerosus caddisflies.
Here's an underwater view of the pupal shucks of several already-emerged Brachycentrus numerosus caddisflies.
Shuck: The shed exoskeleton left over when an insect molts into its next stage or instar. Most often it describes the last nymphal or pupal skin exited during emergence into a winged adult.
)
left over from an emerged dun, showing the basic pattern of the nymph.
Date TakenJun 1, 2007
Date AddedJun 4, 2007
AuthorTroutnut
CameraPENTAX Optio WPi

Closeup insects by Troutnut from the West Branch of the Delaware River in New York

Quick Reply

You have to be logged in to post on the forum. It's this easy:
Username:          Email:

Password:    Confirm Password:

I am at least 13 years old and agree to the rules.